Monday, August 23, 2010

My view on the 14th amendment

Republicans are now trying to change the 14th amendment. Republicans don't realize they are wasting their time.
There will always be proof that the child of ethnic backgrounds is an American citizen, and that is the birth certificate
(document that shows when and where you were born). For example, I was born in Pascagoula, Mississippi, United States in 1979.
My birth certificate tells me where I was born and what hospital I'm from. This also makes me a legal United States citizen.
That means I have same equal rights as everyone else, I can be whether I want to be, I have the right to go where ever
I please. I have the right to go to school, I have the right to vote, I have the right to work, and I have the to own
a house. It doesn't matter whether the parents of the child are legal or not, it doesn't matter where the parents come from,if the child was born on American soil, in an American state, in American city, in an American hospital house or apartment on an Amerian street, that child is an American citizen! No question asked! It doesn't matter whether the Republicans get rid of the 14th amendment or not, it doesn't change the fact that the child is an American citizen. Like I said before, there will always be proof that a child that was born in America is an American citizen, and that is the birth certificate.When a child is born in America with an American birth certificate, that child is automatically legal and legitimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment