Friday, September 3, 2010

The New Immigration Law in Arizona

I believe that the New Immigration Law will encourage racism and racial profiling from white people and law enforcements. According to the govenor of Arizona, she is trying to protect the state and country from crimes such as kidnapping and drugs. These are things that Americans do as well in my opinion. What worries me the most is that other states will
be influenced to start this law as well because immigrants are not just in Arizona, they are in other states as well. This immigration law will set all people of color 60 years back. To me, it looks like it is going to be the return of Jim Crow Laws. The governor of Arizona say she won't tolerate racial profiling. In my opinion, law enforcements asking for papers to look at just because he or she is Chinese or Mexican or just listening by the way he or she sounds is an insult. All people of different races need to get together and protest this law. I'm afraid White children will be taught by their parents or white people that people of a different race or color will be labeled as "illegal alien" .
We as people can't have this. Martin Luther King, Jr, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, and other civil rights leaders have came too far to achieve eqaual rights for us. If we as people let this slide, civil rights will be violated. As a matter of fact, this not only concerns the immigrants of Arizona, this concerns all of us! WE MUST PROTEST!
Govenor Jan Brewer of Arizona is giving America a bad reputation and destroying the freedom and independence for everyone that great people in history has worked so hard for. Me as an American, I speak from my heart when I say I am so sorry and hurt. I understand and feel your pain, my hispanic brothers and sisters. The Obama Administration will do something about this law. President Obama also feels that this new law is unjust and racist.To telll the truth, we are all immigrants in the United States. African Americans came from Africa, Caucasian Americans came from Europe, and Hispanic Americans as well as Asian Americans came from various countries of the world. The only people who aren't immigrants in the United States are the Native Americans. My heart goes out to you who are need and want to make a better life for yourselves and your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment