Saturday, January 23, 2016

My Anger Towards Careless Food Companies

Hello Everyone,

After developing a heart condition in April 2015, I decided to eat healthy, eat lots of fruit and vegetables, etc. So, for my New Year's Resolution for 2016, I decided to make different healthy smoothies as a fun way of eating healthy. I wanted to make berry smoothies, green smoothies and pumpkin/sweet potato smoothies. I went to Walmart to get some things and decided to get a bag MarketSide Baby Kale and Spinach Blend, some blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, sweet potatoes and carrots. I was eager to start what I wanted to do. I had a goal. I did a lot of research on the internet on how to make smoothies. The next day I decided to buy some freezer bags and divide up the fruits and vegetables I bought and put them in the freezer. For my green smoothies I put some spinach and baby kale, slices of green apple, slices of avocado and a whole kiwi fruit in one small freezer bag. For my berry smoothies, I put my blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries and some spinach and kale in three small freezer bags. For my pumpkin/sweet potato smoothies, I sliced up my sweet potato and took my baby carrots our of the bag. I managed to have four small bags. I gathered up all my small bags of organized fruit and vegetables and put them in my deep freezer. Now, on Saturday I decided to make my green smoothie. I put everything I had in the small freezer bag into my blender. When I finished blending everything I pour the green smoothie in a cup. I went into my room and turned on the television. The very first thing I hear is that the Dole Salad Mixes and six other brand products that made salad brands include MarketSide. I'm so pissed! Now I have to throw away the bags that have all the berries in them! And I drunk the green smoothie I made! Don't get me wrong. I love and appreciate the fact that the CDC and FDA warns us about all the recalls. But recently there have been entirely too many recalls involving bacteria and chemicals being in food. What is going on? Why aren't the employees who are working in these food companies making sure that the products that we, as people. are consuming are safe? All of these food recalls that we have been receiving lately makes me question the sanitary conditions of these companies. It is getting to the point that I worry constantly whether what I'm eating is safe or not. I'm getting paranoid about what I'm putting in my body. I'm started to lose trust in these food companies. Do you care about the fact that people can get sick and die from how you companies prepare food? Do you care? I really think the health departments need to be on these companies! Seriously! Please do your job and make sure the food that you prepare for us is safe to eat! Enough is enough!

http://wqad.com/2016/01/22/dole-shuts-down-ohio-plant-and-recalls-all-salads-made-there/

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/dole-salad-recalled-after-listeria-kills-1-sickens-12-n502311


No comments:

Post a Comment